.

.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Elder Cook Week Twenty-Nine



Hey familia!

I’m not sure how Conference will go down since I’ll be in a different area in a couple days but I’m stoked!!!!  We won’t get to watch Priesthood session because we have to get back to work though.  And yeah I’m way excited to move.  I feel I’ve already knocked all the doors in Los Laureles.  Brooklyn, that's exciting that you're going to the dance!!  Make sure you keep my Cook legend alive out on that dance floor- aka dance super bad.  A bunch of little Honduran kids are trying to read my email over my shoulder.  I don’t think they realize it’s in English. 

This week I learned about the impressions of the Spirit!  We found a guy, contacting doors that was super positive.  He had lived in the States and knew a little English.  He invited us back for this week, so we went over on Tuesday.  We started the lesson and I just felt that something wasn’t right and he was a little on edge.
He started going off. As we walked out of  the house, I realized it was the spirit that had tried to hold me back.  He just wasn’t ready.  I prayed that if inspiration came like that again that I would be able to recognize it and act on it.  The next day while walking, I had a strong impression to visit a family of the house we had just walked by.  We had worked really hard with them for months and they just hadn’t progressed, and the father was never home anyway, so we hadn’t visited them in a long time.  So I shrugged it off and kept walking.  Then I remembered my prayer so we turned around and walked back to the house.  They let us right in and the dad was home.  He told us they’d been reading the Book of Mormon in the last couple days and had loads of questions for us.  They really want to know if it’s true!!  I was so grateful that Heavenly Father had given me that prompting and I promised I would never deny a feeling like that again.  In the last couple days, I’ve had more feelings that have turned out to be inspiration.  Heavenly Father wants to help us!  He is there, and we just need to pay attention to the slight brush of the Holy Ghost to guide us.  It can come en la manera de thoughts, feelings, and through other people.  If we try to receive inspiration, He will give it to us!  It might be in his own time and his own way, but it will come.  We just have to be ready to receive it, and then willing to act on it no matter what the answer is!
Love you guys!  You are always in my prayers.  It’s really hot here.  

Elder Cook

This is Tommy, the dog.  In his true form. 
His eyes glow during the day too.

We eat this a lot.