.

.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Elder Cook Week Twenty-Six

Hey familia! 

That sounds just like Brooklyn. Mozart that hasn´t quite mastered stairs yet.  I laughed pretty good. The man I mentioned last week told us he has to leave this Wednesday for his job to a city about 3 hours away.  For a month. Every time we have a baptism date with our investigators, they run away!  I don´t know what it is. We are worried that with him being so far away he might smoke again, and he doesn´t have any kind of phone to contact him, so we are going to have to pray A TON for him the next couple weeks.  We got him a couple packs of suckers to eat and scriptures to read to keep him busy. 

I ate some interesting soup yesterday!  Se llama sopa de mondongo, or cow stomach soup. People love it here!  It´s like a delicacy.  It was some weird stuff.  The texture is like gum and it looks like a cows tongue all cut up, like with bristly things coming out of it. 

An investigator told me they were going to name their kid after me the other day!  They told me to write it down so they could spell it right.  The guy said that when his son would ask him where he got his name, he´d say from a big gringo in the church.  Pretty sweet.  Do you know how many people have asked if I´m President Kennedy´s son or related to him?  A lot. I´ll try to write more next week! Ask me more questions!  This week wasn´t too exciting so I run out of things to say.

Love you!

Elder Cook

The first picture Elder Cook sent us from a cliff overlooking the National Soccer Stadium near the Toncontin International Airport in Tegucigalpa. The second picture we found on-line of Mondango soup.