.

.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Elder Cook Week Twenty-Seven


This is my District!  I´ll miss them when I change areas in a couple weeks.

Hey Familia!

We have pots to cook with and a stove type thing.  No oven.  We email from little internet places and we are allowed 50 minutes to write the president, put in datos (not sure what that is in English) and then try to write whoever else we have time for, so not a lot of time!  It costs about 20 lempiras.  We ride the bus a lot!  Our area is huge.  From one end to another it´s about 45 minutes- 1 hour walking, depending on how fast you walk.  But the buses are super different than the ones in the states.  They don´t have a time schedule and they are paid based on how fast they go.  It´s sketch sometimes.  President Fortuna said no more food lists, so now we eat a lot of rice and beans and eggs, because it´s cheap.  But the traditional food is a plate of beans, rice, avocado, mantequilla, an egg, platanos, and no matter what food you eat there´s always tortillas.  

I´ll take pics of the apartment next time but it´s really nice!  I´m in a very wealthy area.  Hey tell every family member that is in seminary or going to be in seminary to study scripture mastery!!  Did you know scripture mastery is just preparation for the mission?!  I wish someone had told me that when I was in seminary!  I regret not memorizing them as well as I should have.  I have used almost every single one of those scriptures in my lessons!  Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine & Covenants!  It´s awesome that they have kids memorize those.  We found 14 new investigators this week!  We basically have had to start over with the people we teach.  No one was progressing and most of them dropped us.  But we have some awesome new families and super positive people so we are pumped!  One family is super interesting.  The hermano plays a guitaron in a mariache band, his wife isn’t able to talk or hear.  They are super nice and want us to come more!  We use lots of pictures and movies and write out our lessons.  We are working hard and praying a ton!  I love it out here.  Love you guys!

Elder Cook

Hey we found Colonal Sanders!  Who knew it would be in Honduras.  He has a baptism date coming up soon.  We got to go to this KFC after the temple and it was the nicest restaurant I´ve ever seen!!