.

.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Elder Cook Week Thirty

Hey Familia!

I was transferred to Bulevar A with a Latino companion.  Ah man this area is awesome!  The Bishop is super active in the missionary work and keeping members and recent converts active! It’s amazing. Last month my companion had 11 baptisms and one family, and we have two people already scheduled for this Saturday!  Definitely a mercy from the Lord. I was also made District Leader.  I was pretty worried when they announced that at the meeting, but President ended the meeting with a talk about how everything that was assigned was by inspiration and that even if what happened wasn’t what we wanted it’s what the Lord needed of us, so I felt a little better about it.  So here we go!  The house I live in now is a little more Honduran than the last one.  We don’t have a shower, just a big bucket that we fill with water and a plastic container to dump the water on us.  That water is cold in the morning!  We don’t  have anything to heat up the water with and we only have running water early in the morning, so the water in the bucket has a nice long time to get cold by the next day when you bañarse.  I’ll send you pics of the streets and stuff but the callejones are tiny!  I can touch one end to the other with my hands and all the callejones look exactly the same!  I can’t even find our house.  But it’s been great!  I’ve learned a lot more Spanish and he is an awesome guy!  We were great friends from the start.  Sometimes he tries to speak English and he sounds exactly like Nacho Libre.  Conference was awesome!!!  The other gringo and I in my district got to watch two sessions of it in English so we loved every second of it.  Everything is fantastic over here!  We are working hard and learning a ton.  Love you guys!

Elder Cook