.

.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Elder Cook Week Twenty

Hey Pitufos!

In case Google translate doesn´t do it right, that means Smurfs! Man I miss you guys.  I don´t know why but it really hit me this week.  I really appreciate all the rules you had for me!  They helped keep me on the right path and out of the way of dumb mistakes I could´ve made. I love you guys so much and want you to know that I am who I am only because of you.  It´s such a blessing to know that, I have my own family waiting at home who are sealed in the temple and invested in the gospel. You have no idea what a comfort that is for me. 

This week I really learned that Heavenly Father hears our prayers.  We had been working and working, and walking and walking every day and just had no success, no relief.  But on Thursday, just when I thought I could hardly bear it anymore, we found 6 new investigators and a new familia, and the one familia we had has been reading and praying together and believe that the Book of Mormon is true.  A bunch of members have started to give us references and want to have FHE´s this week.  One of the returned missionaries announced to us last night that he has 16 familias for us to meet.  

Everything is looking up.  We teach to people every day about how God answers prayers through the Spirit and only with prayers of faith and sincerity, though not always in our time table.  I needed to take my own medicine that I had been giving out!  Heavenly Father hears us.  If we are really, honestly try the very best we can and pray sincerely in every moment, He can´t help but answer us.  When we feel like we literally can go no more, when our bodies and spirits are about to give out, that´s when the blessings come.

Siempre recuerda lo que dice la gente de Honduras de la vida. ¡Lo que no mata, engorda!

Love you guys!

Elder Cook