.

.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Elder Cook Week Nineteen



Shalom!  

People always say that to us.  I´m pretty sure that´s not even Spanish though. Things are still great here! I´m going to tell you a funny story.  We were walking down the street and one of our newly baptized members yelled Elder Cook! from the other side of the road.  There were a ton of people around him and a truck, waiting to go inside a church.  I walked over and greeted him, a little loud and was super happy.  We talked a little, and then he said his amigo ¨ cumplió ¨, which means had a birthday.  That made sense of why all the people were gathered around waiting to go in, it was a party!  So I looked up at the people and said really loudly ¨Que bueno!¨.  The look on their faces told me that was the really wrong phrase to say at that moment.  At the same time that I said that, I noticed that in the truck that they were kind of standing around, was a coffin.  But the words were out of my mouth.  He then whispered, ¨No Elder.  Murió.¨ Which means his friend died, and I just expressed how great it was.  Que pena.

Love you guys!

Elder Cook