.

.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Elder Cook Week Seventeen



Woooo hooo this week was sweet!!! We found 9 new investigadores, two new familias, and 17 lessons! I´m telling you. That rain does wonders for missionary work. The man we baptized a few weeks ago blessed the sacrament, bore his testimony, and said the closing prayer in sacrament meeting!  He is the truest sense of the word convert.  I am so blessed to have had the chance to teach and watch him as he grew!  



We got a call Wednesday and my companion looked who it was, laughed and told me to answer it.  I said hello, and it was Presidente Fortuna!  He asked me in perfect English how my English is going, then how my Spanish is, laughed at his joke, and then told me I am going to train.  My companion was doing a happy dance.  He thinks he´s funny.  So, I also went to the meeting of trainers! At the meeting Presidente really stressed the fact that this calling was from Heavenly Father, so all I can do now is pray.  And today, every companionship that baptized a family in June got to go to Picacho!!!!  It was amazing.  I´ll tell you about that and send pics next week.  Dad´s getting knee surgery!?  You better be able to dunk over me by the time I get home!  That´s way cool that you guys are doing missionary work at home!  Love to hear it.  I live in the Fransisco Morazan in the area Laureles, but I am still in the city Comayaguela.  

Love you!

Elder Cook