.

.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Elder Cook Week Twenty-One

Hey Familia!

I've been showing investigators a picture of our family because it helps for us to conocer les. Everyone always asks if you guys are Latino or Honduran!  I ask if I look Honduran, and they just laugh at me. 

This week was great!  We have some members that are going to give us a bunch of references of families this week so we are pumped!  And our investigator has a baptism date again for this Saturday!  Yeah the funeral thing turned out fine. I´m not sure about the family, but my friend thought my language mix up was funny.

I´m not sure what the mission covers or what insurance covers, but you might be getting a little bill in the mail. I chipped my tooth the other day (no idea how).

Did I ever tell you what it´s like to walk the streets at night here? There are churches everywhere! They go in and listen to a guy scream into a microphone the same line or prayer over and over again. You have every religion you can think of on both sides of the callejon, and then there´s two missionaries walking in-between to a cita.  It´s so loud, since there are so many on both sides, we can´t hear each other talk sometimes.

The church is so small here, but the members who go to church are so strong.  It´s amazing the adversity that comes against them and they overcome it every day. It strengthens me as a missionary to see them. Oh by the way, I can speak and understand Spanish now! I think I forgot to tell you that. The day after my first companion left it was like I´d been speaking it all along. The gift of tongues is real

Love you guys!


Elder Cook