.

.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Elder Cook Week Twenty-Two

Familia! 

This week was sweet! And a huge bummer. Our investigator ended up not being baptized. But we found an awesome new family! We were knocking on doors and the guy told us to come back so we could teach the whole family and to bring a Book of Mormon!! We got there for the lesson, he sat all of his kids and wife on the couch, took away all technology, and told them to pay attention. It was amazing! We have never had a lesson like that where the whole family was so attentive.  The dad said once we finished that he wanted to start reading the Book of Mormon everyday as a family until they finish!! We were SO pumped! We also found another family.  Every single one of our citas fell through, every single one of our back up citas fell through, and every single one of our back up back up citas fell through that day. We were seriously bummed. We had literally just walked for 6 straight hours trying to find anyone to teach.  We get down to 8:30, half an hour before we have to go home, and we decide to knock one last door. 

We pick the street, and then got behind the corner and I said one last, a little desperate, prayer. I asked to find one new family and one new hombre mayor que 18 años. We just wanted something before we called it a day. My companion picks a house and we knock. Before I could finish saying hola hermana she invited us in.  She had a son older than 18. Not ten minutes later, her husband walks in.  They sit down, and we teach a short lesson about families and the Book of Mormon. Our Heavenly Father listens to our prayers. My prayer was answered with exactly what we asked for within minutes. I was humbled and grateful for such a direct answer. My testimony has grown so much on this misión! More than I even thought possible. 

Love you guys!
Elder Cook 

I miss tuna sandwiches. That’s the first thing I want to eat when I get home. They don’t make cookies here! If I can do one thing for Honduras before I leave, I will spread the joy of homemade cookies. 
 
A good Honduran friend

Guava juice! I love guavas. I was stoked to see the juice!
 
Cement Work




District Meeting