.

.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Elder Cook Week Twenty-Three

Hey family!

Sheesh it really does feel like we are just pushing on that big rock you talked about Dad, and that thing won´t budge! Every time we feel like we´re making progress, it´s almost like it starts rolling backwards. We have a bunch of families we are working with right now, we always have these amazing first couple of lessons, and then they reject us sometimes. It´s a bummer. But one of our investigators came to church Sunday!!! I don´t know if I´ve told you about him, but we met him through another family we taught. He has some health challenges and has super super bad knees but a huge heart and a desire to draw closer to Heavenly Father. Sunday morning, after about 30 minutes of convincing him to come since he always says he will then doesn´t, he came! We set up a ride from the ward, and I carried him down the monstrous steps he lives on. He sat in the first row and loved it! He had to leave early because his knees were hurting him too bad, but it was great.

Thanks for the glasses! It´s like a whole new country with those things. And how´d you know to send the oreos and drink mixes?! Youré the best! Yeah I have lost a little weight. I lost about 35 pounds in the first three months I was here! All the ward members keep telling me how skinny I´ve gotten. We do a lot of walking and stairs! And in response to Grandpa, there aren´t such things as traffic laws here. Whoever has the bigger car always goes first. There are as many lanes as you want to have, and they don´t have to go the same direction. The speedometers on most of the cars don´t even work, like the needles don´t move. Ask me more questions about the country! Sometimes I forget what's different here. Love you guys!

Elder Cook