.

.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Elder Cook Week Four


I got my travel plans!!! I will be leaving the MTC on the 16th at 8:30pm to Atlanta, and then from there to Tegucigalpa!  Did you know it's only about an hour and a half flight from Georgia to Honduras?  The bulk of the flying, about 6 hours, is from Salt Lake to Atlanta!  It said in my travel plans that I have to be the Flight Leader for the trip, but  I will be the only missionary going to Honduras that day!  It will be weird to be by myself for so long, but it's also a great opportunity to talk to people on the plane!

About a week ago, I talked to an hermana in the laundry room in Spanish since she didn't know English.  I was so pumped to finally talk to a real Spanish speaker! But in the middle of the conversation, I thought, "Holy crap.  I don't know Spanish."  It was pretty scary since I'm leaving in 10 days.  But what I did catch was that she said her grandma lives in Honduras and that it is so beautiful there!  She wished she could come with me.  I absolutely can't wait to get out there and talk to Hondurans!  I feel like I am not even close to prepared in my teaching abilities and especially my Spanish, but with a testimony and the Lord on my side, it won't be a problem.  The biggest thing I've learned up here is that when you teach someone, you are the smallest part of the conversion process.  The Holy Ghost is the real missionary, and the conversion happens between the investigator, the Spirit, and Heavenly Father.  The phrase an instrument in the hands of the Lord hits it right on.  The actual instrument doesn't do anything.  But as long as it is in tune, it can do whatever the Master wants it to do.  The music can only come through the one controlling it.  So all I need to do is to put in all my effort, love the people, be clean and prepared to receive the Spirit, and I will be able to help our brothers and sisters come back to our Heavenly Father!

Love you guys!  This is the work of God.  I am so happy I get to be a part of it!  Just remember the Lord does not and cannot forget or forsake you, for you are engraven upon the palms of His hands.

Con la amor de mi corazon,
Elder Galleta



Traditional World Wall Photo with Mountain View High School Alumni