.

.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Elder Cook Week Five


Alright I think I have my scripture!  It was really hard to pick just one.  D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."  I love it!  I leave the MTC at around 9, get to the airport at around 11pm, and my flight leaves at 1am.  I won't hit the ground ready to preach, I'll be doing that in the airport and on the plane!  My goal is to place at least two BoMs before I land in Tegucigalpa.  I'm so glad it's at night!  I still have the Spanish vocab of a three year old (or at least that's what I tell myself to make me feel better), so if I can't communicate very well, I can just slip it into their bag while they're sleeping!  It's perfect.

Yeah we have four hermanas in our district, so we have pictures to spare.  And I'm sure we'll have to take more this Sunday.  Yeah I have a haircut appt in like 30 minutes!  But that's actually what the machete is for.  I'll just use it to cut my hair.  No I haven't heard anything from Honduras!  I only saw an email about Confrencia General, so hopefully there will be someone there to pick me up! 

Wasn't Confrence amazing?  I really felt like they were just talking to me.  Except the getting married parts.  You could hear every elder drop their pens and pads of paper on the floor once those talks started.  It's getting a lot more real that I'm about to go to Honduras now, so I was a little worried about everything last week.  But then someone said in confrencia "When you teach, Heavenly Father will outstretch his arms with yours to succor His children to come unto Him."  I don't have my notes so I don't remember who said it, but that was a direct answer to my prayer.  Heavenly Father knows I'm just a punk kid out here and that I don't know how to speak Spanish.  He's a pretty smart guy, so of course He wouldn't just leave me alone!  He wants his children to return with Him so much.  He loves them.  I will always have His help.

I love this gospel so much.  Everyone needs it.  It hurts to think that so many people in the world will never know about it, and it hurts even more to think so many of our brothers and sisters will not make it with us to live with God again.  That's why we need to open our mouths to everyone!  When you look at things from an eternal perspective, everything changes.  We don't teach just because the gospel blesses lives.  We teach because it grants eternal life and exaltation. 

Love you guys!  Talk to you later.
Elder Cook