.

.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Elder Cook Week Six



Hey Familia!
Wow it seems like forever since I last emailed.  A whole lot has happened in the last couple of days!  Mi first impression of Honduras when I walked off the plane was how incredibly humido it was and how sweet the air smells!  The plane flew so low over la ciudad I thought we would crash for sure but I made it! I met my companero Miercoles!  He is an amazing guy who is such a hard worker.  El termino la mision en Junio pero you´d never know it the way he works!  We opened the area of Laureles B and started with absolutely nadie to teach.  Once we dropped our stuff off at our casa we went straight to work!  We found una familia nueva cada dia so we now have 5 and around 30 otro investagadores!  It´s so exciting.  I did mi primero pruerto contacto yesterday!  It was super scary but apparently she understood my horrible Spanish and now we´re visiting her Tuesday!  I have a hard time understanding people but my comprehension and ability to talk have gotten a whole lot better since my first day!  I can´t even talk to little kids yet.  They talk so darn fast!  We have two incredible investigadores!  We were tocando en puertos, and we were about to go to a different street but my companion decided to hit one more. He only had time to say we were misioneros before they told us to come in!  When we did, they brought our a stack of books, (El Libro de Mormon, la Biblia, a whole old testament seminary manuel, and a few others) and said their papa had read every one of them and taught his kids (the hermano y hermana) sobre everything he learned from them!  We could hardly believe it.  They wanted us to start teaching them!  The Lord really does prepare His children, and we have met so many already who are ready to hear El Evangelio.  Hoy we are teaching a man, who has received the misioneros for two years now and has gone to church almost every week, but has not gotten bautizado because no siente llenar.  But we are going to share alma 7, which says that the Lord will pour his spirit our more abundantly after you´re bautizado and ether 12 which says you´ll receive a witness after the trial of your faith with him today.  I prayed a lot about him, and when we were figuring out what to teach him, I really think the Spirit brought that scripture to mind.  It seemed obvious after, but we had really been struggling with what to do, so I think this is all he was waiting for!  Sorry we hardly get anytime to write, but love you guys!  Pray for my familias
Elder Cook