.

.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Elder Cook Week Three




Hola Familia,

It's amazing what introspects the Spirit gives you as well as insights on doctrine while you're there!  I do have to admit I did fall asleep for a minute or two today though.  Those chairs are way too soft [in the temple]!  I wish everyone could have the opportunity to go.  Oh I did enjoy the snow!  I'm pretty sure I won't see a whole lot of it in the next couple years so I made the most of it.  It's interesting how my perspective on things is different than other kids who have a mission in the U.S.  Everyone hates the food here!  Considering it's not beans every day, I feel like it can't get any better.  Although one girl did get a grasshopper in her salad, which kinda seemed like a foreshadowing of things to come.  My teacher is marrying a girl from Honduras, so he's told me a few things about the country!  Probably the worst is that the chapels don't have basketball courts.  That was a crushing blow.  I always had hope deep in my corazon that Heavenly Father would have ball for me down there, but with my ankles and knees it might be a blessing in a very good disguise. And good job Brook, I'm proud of you. Oh and by the way I was made zone leader a couple days ago! 

I want you guys to really make sure you set aside a good chunk of time for personal study.  I was really bad at that back home and I regret it a lot.  You learn so much when you show the Lord that you are giving up a portion of your time, which is ultimately His anyway, for His will.  During these last couple weeks my testimony has grown so much and it is all because of personal study.  I start with a prayer and a question and faith that the Lord will lead me to what I need to work on.  Be brutally honest with yourself in where the holes are in your testimony.  I have learned so much and my weaknesses in testimony have become strengths that I am able to teach with more power and assurance in my lessons.  I know it will bring countless blessings in your life and bring you so much closer to our Heavenly Father!

Con todo del amor de me corazon,

Elder Cocinero