.

.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Elder Cook Week Two


Family
     Yeah p-days are the best!  We got to go to the temple this morning and it was so great!  I wish we could start off every day with the temple.  It just seems to make it so much easier to feel close to Heavenly Father and to feel the Spirit.  We can't wait for General Conference up here!  I have definitely learned the real importance of having a prophet on the earth today.  Even though I'd heard why, I really didn't know the significance of it before I started teaching.  Having a living prophet is really one of the most important parts of our church.  The fact that Heavenly Father talks to a prophet means He still loves His children enough to continue to guide them to return to live with Him!  It just wouldn't make sense for God to talk to us  thousands of years ago and not today.  It's amazing how much that has an effect on investigators!
     It snowed today!  These Utah kids all think I'm a weirdo for loving the snow.  It is such perfect weather outside!  I only get to be out in open air for a total of about 15 minutes everyday but from the windows it looks great!  My MTC Spanish is getting a lot better.  I can pretty much teach the whole first lesson fairly easily now, but I know if I wanted to talk to a 3-year-old in Honduras I would have a hard time keeping up!
       I met a guy who was going on my same mission a couple days into the MTC!  He just left on Monday.  It's so crazy that I'll be there in less than four weeks!  A girl in my district said she had a cousin go to Comayaguela last year and he got picked up to go to his mission home by oxen!!  I'm pretty psyched.  I know I should be more worried about the language, which I am, but I also know that the Lord will help me and the Spirit will give me words in the very moment I need them!  I've already seen it happen, and once I'm out in the field I know the help will be doubled.  Heavenly Father is on my side, family.
       Thanks for all the cool scriptures you've been sending!  Something I learned in my personal study was in 1 Nephi and Words of Mormon.  Nephi says at the end of a chapter that he doesn't know why he's writing the record, but the Lord commanded it so he trusted Him.  In Words of Mormon, Mormon also expresses that he doesn't know why he's translating both Nephi's records and Lehi's account, but he has faith that God does.  Lehi's account was lost.  Had They not done as God asked of them, we might not have the wonderful stories and messages contained in Nephi.  Heavenly Father knows everything from the beginning.  We just need to put our trust and faith in Him that He does. 
       Love you guys!  Keep the letters coming.  The church is true, the book is blue, and God is a Mormon.  Definitely stole that, but I think it's funny.