.

.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Elder Cook Week One




This is a picture of me and my compeneros!  We have 13 people in my district.  It is busy and that is such a good thing!  I love having a set schedule.  I really feel like I accomplish a lot that way.  Yes we get to ball every day!!  It's the best.  Mis compeneros and I got lucky with our room.  We were supposed to have three more guys move in this week, but something happened and so it's just us!  So we definitely need a hoop.  I would love to email other family.  Letters are hard to write and I get a ton of time at least at the MTC to email.  I'm not sure when we leave!  I thought it was April 6th but she's probably right!  Our investigator committed to baptism!!!  It was the most amazing experience of my life.  I can't even describe it.  Even though it wasn't real, it sure felt like it.  He came a long way from our first lesson and we really came to love him and really wanted not only his life to be better, but his life to come as well.  The rest of our district wasn't quite as successful.  One companionship even got kicked out yesterday!  When I say successful, I don't really mean me or my compeneros were successful.  I have really come to learn that it is absolutely not about us.  It's the Spirit that truly teaches people that carries the truth of the gospel to people's hearts.  With the terrible Spanish I speak, I couldn't convince a three year old in Honduras that the church is true.  When you feel the Holy Ghost come into the conversation, that's when you know you are nothing but an instrument in the Lord's hands.  Thanks for the package today!  Mis compeneros are pretty much in love with you.  Miss you!
Love,
Elder Cocinero