.

.

Friday, July 4, 2014

Elder Cook Week Sixty-Eight

I gave up on the shirt. I just stapled it real good. I ended up having to staple it a lot because one or two staples didn´t work for very long.  

We have an investigator we are working with! He contacted us on the street about a month ago and has been coming to church ever since. We´ve tried setting a fecha with him, but he always says that he wants God to touch his heart to do it, so he will put his own fecha. We’re hoping he´ll get baptized soon though. He loved watching the baptisms last week and said he knows he needs to be baptized.

Seat belts aren´t required here (most cars don´t even have them), the majority of speedometers/gas gauges in cars don´t work, lights and blinkers are an up to you kind of thing and to use them is rare.  



I always run into problems with dogs here! Like that one that kept trying to get into church a while back. The dog [in the picture] is of a member and jumps the fence every time he sees us walk by! And guess who has to put him back? And then he got out again. That day he jumped the fence 5 times! So we gave up and he followed us. We called his owner and he finally came and picked him up. Then a few nights ago a cat fell through our roof onto my bed.  I was about 2 minutes from sleeping there.  In the picture that´s my bed and that´s part of the ceiling on the floor.  Cats here like to wander into our house. I slept with one hand protecting my face in case another came down with claws out.


We got the whole little neighborhood of people together for a lesson the other day!  That same one that we brought water for. Took water for. Carried water for. La misma familia por la cual jalamos agua el otro día. Still can’t figure out that word. This neighborhood is pretty neat. We have one Mormon family there already, now we´re working on the rest!They´re all like one big family.  


Today was one of the craziest days in the office I´ve had.  

Love you!