.

.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Elder Cook Week Sixty-Nine

I´ve acquired the skill of differentiating the sound of a gun compared to a firework.  Yesterday was the craziest day ever.  The mission has gone by CRAZY fast too!  I still feel like a greenie sometimes.  I miss strawberry shortcake.  Tell them to enjoy it while I´m eating beans for dessert. [We had the missionaries and a newly baptized member over for Family Home Evening and had mentioned we had served them strawberry shortcake.]  

No I don’t drive the missionaries to their homes as they arrive to the mission.  That would be a ton of gas and I definitely don’t have time.  We pick them up from the airport and take them to the mission pres. house, then they go get their companions at the change meeting [transfers] and take a bus to wherever they´re going.  

Yeah Sunday is our busiest day!  We are running around everywhere trying to find people because it’s our only full day we get to teach.  Yeah changes in the office are even faster than normal changes.

We have several families we are teaching right now, but not a lot of progress. We've really been focused on finding new people.  It’s weird, when you live in a place where they only speak English it’s so cool when someone can speak another language, but the perspective changes when you live in the country of the language you’re trying to learn.  I love speaking Spanish but I’m really trying to get rid of my accent and Elder Wormald is helping me with that a ton. The work is good, I’m good, my comp has been out 9 months, almost all his family are members.

Prayers would be great for the families we are teaching.  We have two rooms in the house, and I put the piece of the ceiling that fell back in place, kind of.   

Love you
I don't fit in cars very well

  
Remember that the Spanish BoM are way 
bigger than the ones in English, but this 
picture still does not do that thing justice. 
We thought it was a bird at first!