.

.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Elder Cook Week Forty-Six

Hey Family! 

Woo hoo we had a sweet week!  I´ll start off with a few stories.  
  
Elder Cook sent us this picture a few months ago but we
thought it fits pretty well with what he wrote home this week.
On Tuesday we went to a house where we thought was a reference.  We were outside beating the door. The neighbor said no one was home, but every time we called out buenas, someone said Ya va! So we were outside that door for a good 5 to 10 minutes knocking and yelling buenas. We could not figure out why no one would come to the door! I told Elder Flores to say buenas one more time and listened a little better. I said Elder, I think that´s a parrot. Then we saw the little jokester on the porch.  We left feeling a little bit humbler that day

On Thursday I called an investigator that we´ve been trying to contact for a long time that was a woman.  Some guy picked up and I asked if Y---- was there.  He said that he had found the phone in the street a little while ago.  I started to say where Y----- lived so he could return it, but he just said cool, let me know if you need anything.  I asked him if he was going to return it, and he hung up!  Then my comp started laughing and didn´t stop for about 5 minutes!  I asked what was so funny, and he thought it was just hilarious that I asked if the guy would return it.  He said it doesn´t work like that here.  In every house that we visited that day he told that story, and everyone else laughed with him!  I guess I´m not in Provo anymore.  

Saturday, as Elder Flores was gelling his hair, he asked me what color I thought are the women in heaven.  I busted up laughing, but then he turned around super serious and said it´s not a joke, I want to know.  I definitely didn´t want to get in to that one, so I worked my way around it and said something about how everyone will be perfect.  He said great, but that doesn´t answer my question.  I didn’t say anything for a couple minutes, and then he said the only answer I´ve found in the scriptures about that is when Jesus said En la casa de mi padre, muchas moradas hay. (sorry, that joke doesn´t work in English.  Google it)  That was the best missionary joke I´ve heard out here. [One of our Spanish speaking friends explained that morado means purple, so with a little play on of words the joke his companion made is that everyone in heaven is purple.] 

Saturday we also had an awesome activity where the members brought investigators to the temple! We ended up getting an amazing family out of it!  We found another 3 families this week.  We feel so blessed to be getting so much help from the Lord.  We´ve been working hard and Heavenly Father has been holding up His end of the deal with blessings.  

Love you!

Elder Cook