.

.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Elder Cook Week Forty-Four


This is the water truck!  He comes by and fills up the water tanks

We had an amazing week!  We found a ton of new investigators and two new families!  And we finally have a fecha [baptism date]!!!  We have been working to reactivate a family and now their nine year old daughter is going to be baptized by her dad this Saturday.  We are pumped!  

Elder Pinto  left this morning for Argentina!  We got a call at about 10 last night saying that he needed to pack his bags because he´d be leaving at about 9 the next morning.  He was so excited and I was super happy for him.  He´s been here for about 5 months because his visa wouldn´t go through.  My new companion is from Guatamala.  I have had a big diversity in companions but I think this one will be a good friend by the end of this change.  I was blessed big time with him!  

This is the last picture with Elder Pinto before I left with my new companion Elder Flores
I´m so stoked Dad that your knees are getting better!  And Happy Birthday!!!  You´re pretty old.  A lady asked me how old my parents were and after a little math I was surprised that dad has 44 years already! Hope you had an awesome day.  Sounds like it had to be with golf and all that food.  
 
Love you guys!  Still working hard and doing all that missionary stuff.  Study the scriptures!  Set aside time EVERY DAY, at least for a half hour.  Study the Book of Mormon especially and talks of prophets, like those little ensenanzas de los profetas [Teaching of Presidents of the Church] books they give out in church.  Those are sweet.  And have family prayer/scripture study EVERY DAY! Doing those things as a family is one of the most important things you could possibly do.  The family is essential in the church.  The chances are so much greater that people stay active when they are united as a family.  

Love you guys!  

Elder Cook
Elder Pinto did a sweet contact with this cat!  
He picked it up and yelled through a door that we had their cat, 
and it really ended up being that family´s cat!  
We are going to pass by again this week.
My companion likes cats.  He finds random cats to pick up in the callejones
Another cat picture