.

.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Elder Cook Week Forty-Five




My new companion is from Huehuetenango, Guatemala.  Say that one 5 times fast.  I´ll tell you a few fun facts about him.  He hasn´t gotten all that used to cold showers yet.  I always know he´s in the shower because I hear his screams as he dumps the cold water on himself.  He loves singing and talks like an Italian. He´s awesome! Great teacher and an even better missionary.  He also makes food! Real food!  We buy food together and so he has made us spaghetti, chuleta, tacos, quesadillas and a whole bunch of stuff!  Man a companion that cooks like that could hit me in the nose every morning and I´d be just fine having him as a companion.

We found 3 new families and 10 new investigators this week!  We have been really focusing in finding new people because the investigators we have just aren´t going anywhere.  We are super pumped for these new families too!  I think we´ll have two families to baptize this next month!  We are always tired and hungry.  But I love this work!  Wouldn´t be out here if I didn´t.  The Book of Mormon is true!  Read it!  

Love you guys!  Give a missionary a reference.  Or even better, invite a friend and the missionaries over for FHE!  It´s not hard and it doesn´t have to be some huge spiritual thing. Just invite someone for a spiritual thought and games.  The missionaries, your friends, and most importantly the Lord will be very grateful you did. 

Elder Cook




Right after my comp took this photo that bull
whipped his head around at me and I jumped a good couple feet!