.

.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Elder Cook Week Thirty-Eight

Awesome tree!!  We were pumped to have a Christmas decoration in the house!
(We sent Elder Cook this paper tree with pictures of his extended family on each ornament.)
      

Hey Family!

It´s been cold the last 4 days!!!!!!  Nope, let me rephrase that.  It hasn´t been crazy ridiculous hot the last 4 days!!!!  It was really windy and the temperature dropped a little.  Man it was so nice!  For like two days I didn´t sweat AT ALL!  All the Hondurans are dressed up like it´s snowing, with snow jackets and scarfs and beanies.  It´s pretty funny.  They think we are nuts in short sleeves!  We´ve gotten in a lot of trouble from all the old ladies for not wearing jackets.  But today, it´s back to normal.  We had two days again with absolutely no lessons.  Those are rough.  On Thanksgiving the other Elders in my district got invited to Thanksgiving dinner with a family that had lived in the states for 20 years, so they got a legit meal!  With turkey and brownies!  We tried to make the best of it, so we got tortillas and some meat and had some sweet Guatemalan dish, but it ended up being more of a snack than dinner.  

I have the pics of the two baptisms but not on my camera, I´ll get them to you next week. Those stockings were so cool!  Thanks a ton!  My companion loves his.  He changes its tie every morning.  

My knowledge and understanding of the gospel, especially the Restoration, the plan of salvation, and the gospel of Christ, have taken leaps and bounds here. I have studied so much and read countless books, from the scriptures to manuals, and the more I learn the more my testimony grows. It all just makes sense! Sorry mom, that question is hard to write back an answer.  I could take pages trying to explain but the best answer I think is my testimony.  I know this church is true.

Welp love you guys!  Invite people to church!  Share your testimony!  Give someone a Book of Mormon!  Remember the worst thing they could say back to you- no.  And you still receive blessings!  But most importantly, remember to invite the missionaries to eat dinner!

Elder Cook