.

.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Elder Cook Week Thirty-Seven

Que ondas familia

Sheesh!  This week was the strangest week of my mission! Every day had something different happen.  Monday, my comp decided to cut his own hair and left a big hole in the side of his head, so we decided to go get haircuts.  When it was his turn, I was reading the LDM. [Book of Mormon] He said ¨Mire!¨  and I looked up to see what you saw in the picture I sent!  Then in about two minutes, the husband of the hair cutter said that her buzzer was messed up, took out his own, and shaved the rest of my companions hair!  I´m pretty sure it was the most humbling experience of his life. The look on his face made me really sad.  We walked out to get back to work, and everyone on the street was saluting him like he was from the army!  

Tuesday, we finally set the baptism date with lady in the pictures I sent last week!!!  She´s the one that has had her own baptism date in her head that she said would be a surprise for us!  Then Wednesday, the power went out  in the whole colonia from about 5pm until the next day, so we had to head back to the house because it´s a mission rule.  We missed about 4 awesome lessons that we had planned!  It was a bummer.  Thursday, we had the multi zone meeting with President which lasted about 8 hours.  Friday we had the worst day we´ve had in the last 2 months with not even one lesson and only 2 contacts after 2 hours of knocking doors.  Then Saturday through Monday we had to stay in the house! All in all, super weird week.  And I heard fewer gunshots in those three days we stayed inside than we hear on a normal day!   I did a lot of laundry, read about a hundred sections of Doctrine and Covenants, read the book of Alma, and ate all my food that I had in the house this weekend. Well, that was my week!  Love you!

Elder Cook





*We were happy to hear from Elder Cook today. All missionaries in Honduras were asked to stay in their homes for a few days during a nation election.