.

.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Elder Cook Week Thirty-Six

Familia

I always forget how big I am here until I look at those pictures!  That´s weird.  And I¨m super white.  This week was pretty interesting!  I learned that Heavenly Father really is protecting His missionaries.  I´ll tell you that story in about 16 months.  We ended up contacting a ton this week because nearly all of our citas fell through!  It was a bummer.  And we had hardly any contacts either!  That´s not usual in this area.  We did finally got into a house on Saturday with this really old guy who was super nice, but I´m pretty sure he won´t remember a thing the next time we come.

About half of the economy in Honduras depends on door to door selling.  People walk down the callejones yelling whatever they have to sell, like Rica donuts hecho en casa!  Or Arreglamos lava manos, lava trastes, baños servicios!  Or Pescado!  And then people open their doors and buy it.  So while we were contacting the other day, a guy passes by selling homemade donuts so I bought a couple (I always get suckered in.  The things they carry always look so heavy, and the lug them around all day up hills!), and then he started serenading my companion!  He sang some song for like a good 3 minutes, just staring into his eyes. I was dying laughing.  He wasn´t even drunk!  Not too much more has happened this week.  We haven´t been able to put a date with any of our investigators, but we still have those four teetering on the edge so we´ll see what happens next week! 


Oh by the way, we have to stay inside Saturday, Sunday, and Monday now too so we won´t be writing until Tuesday.  I´m happy, feeling healthy, working hard, and learning a ton!  Don´t worry about me for a second.  Heavenly Father guides and helps His missionaries and His work.  Hey for Christmas it would be sweet to receive letters from all the family and little cousins!  Love you guys a ton! 

Elder Cook
This lady makes the best tortillas! She'll be baptized soon

We got to shower in brown water the other day!
We don´t know why it came out that way.