.

.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Elder Cook Week Ninety

Hey Familia,

It was so darn COLD this week!  Tuesday was easily the hottest day of my life and I was drenched literally all day from sweat, and then the next day a cold front hit and I thought I was going to freeze to death!  Sheesh it was crazy.  Never thought you’d be hearing that from your Honduras kid huh?  Don’t worry, I’m still in the same country I think. I’m not sure how cold it actually got but I was pretty sure snow was about to fall.  And all the Hondurans were bundled up like it would.  My sheet on my bed is not made for crazy Honduran climate changes.  Ah man showering was the worst!  You could walk down the street in the morning or at night and hear screams once in a while from the houses as people started to shower.  One time that we entered into a house at night Elder Jose and I looked at each other a little freaked out because we thought someone was being killed inside from the screams they were making, but then we heard them curse and say something about how cold the water was. So we calmed down, really makes you stop and think about how bad you smell to see if it’s worth it to shower.

We have been working our shoes and knees off in these last couple weeks trying to find and pray for new families.  In this week and the last we’ve found almost 15 new families, but only have a few really progressing.  This week we went all out for those families we brought members to their home, they the branch president, and tried to eliminate any doubt of problem that would stop them from going to church, but they still didn’t go to church!  Even after over 20 months, I struggle to understand why it’s so hard for people when they get so excited to go and completely commit themselves to going and then in the morning they don’t go to church!  We promised a pizza to the companionship that brought the most families to church today, and instead of raising the amount of families that the zone brought, didn’t get a single one there!  We are going to study about how we can help more families get to church this week to help the zone in the zone meeting. This Friday we hope the Lord revels to us how we can get better at that because for right now, we feel like we did all we could.

Hey guess what?  I think my soccer abilities are getting way better.  Because we had a lesson, one night I played one on one with this one 7 year old kid outside his house and I totally won.  We’ll see if I can move of a level play some 12 year olds kids next time.  

Love

Elder Cook

Random stairs in the middle of nowhere