.

.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Elder Cook Week Eighty-Nine

Hey Familia!

We had another great and busy week!  Monday we played some basketball as a zone.  It was a little sad to see how bad I’ve gotten, but it was great to play some ball again!  And the Latinos got bored and went to play soccer, so we got to play Gringo ball, so that was sweet.   

We also had two intercambios [splits] this week, Wednesday with the Assistentes [Assistants to the President] and Friday in El Carman in the zone. I went to Tegucigalpa with Elder Holt on Wednesday.  Man it was awesome, we had a lot of fun together and I learned a ton from him.  He’s always been a good friend in the mission.  Then Friday we had another intercambio and I went to El Carman with Elder Bendayan from Peru.  He’s finishing up his training right now.  Man it was crazy cold in El Carmen!  I’m pretty sure I almost froze out there.  It was the first time I’ve been cold in my whole mission!  It made me miss Mom because it reminded me of all those scout camp outs I went on and how she always told me to wear a jacket and I never did so I suffered at night freezing to death.  But this time no one even warned me!

We had a baptism!  It was awesome. This hermana has changed so much over the past month.  She’s happier and super excited to be a member of the church.  She can’t wait to be able to have her own eternal family.  She came to church on her own one Sunday and asked if we could teach her and has always been super active ever since.  The first night we gave her a Book of Mormon she read a ton and highlighted and prayed, and knew just after that night that it was true.  She’s an amazing convert and we are grateful to have met her. 

I think that’s about it 

Love you!