.

.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Elder Cook Week Seventy-Six

Hey!

I just lost 18 months of pictures!  I should’ve sent the memory cards home but I didn’t really trust the mail system.  I can send pictures from the wedding last week but only the ones that Elder Wormald took. Lost my shaver too, sorry just need a cheapy new one.  I can get just a suitcase from the mayoreo no worries I was just letting you know.  Also a flash drive for the camera, an SDHC card - I think it’s just like an inch, regular size.   

Nope not teasing.  Our house just got broken into, no biggie. We are in a super safe neighborhood.  We have a wall in front of the house with barbed wire that would keep anyone out but we didn´t lock that metal door so they just had to get though the house wood door. President told us to move so now we are looking for a new house. Hopefully we´re going to find one closer to the Altos so we don’t have to walk a half an hour to our area every day.

It really wasn’t a big deal. In this neighborhood we pay security guards a bunch of money to have a post at each entrance and you have to have a sticker on your car to get in.  The funny thing is, when we went to tell them what happened, and as one of the elders was telling the security guard the guy let in like 4 cars without the sticker to get in! Losing the pictures was the only hard part that was a lot of my mission.  

That´s so sick that they did a triathlon! [Elder Cooks two cousins and uncle were in a triathlon this past weekend]  I love it.  My investigators are great!  We just found a new family that has great potential!  And everyone has had their interviews yesterday so we are set for Thursday for the baptisms!!!!  President announced to us yesterday the changes [transfers]My comp is leaving to train and Elder Osborn is leaving too.  Super crazy, we thought it would be Elder Moran because this will be his 5th change here!  

Yeah the new guys are already here in the office being trained for their new jobs.  My new comp is Elder Torres, from Guatemala.  The new general secretary is from Utah.  Yeah I wasn’t surprised I stayed, I had a feeling President would keep me in a little longer.  But he´s promised me a pueblo for my next area so I can’t complain!  We have four baptisms this week!  We have an alright teaching pool right now and we´re always looking for more.  I´ve never been rejected so many times in my whole mission until these last couple changes but I´ve also never been more happy!  

I really have learned a ton here in the office! I’ve started to enjoy it but I´m still definitely ready to get back to a normal area.  

Love you!
One of the Elders thought he could get through this hole in the door
He didn't make it.