.

.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Elder Cook Week Seventy-Five



Hello Familia 

Hows it going? Here’s a few answers to the questions I’ve been asked:

I live with just the office elders the AP's live somewhere else. Did I tell you I have a washing machine?  Awesome!  Yeah it’s high living!  I feel kind of bad sometimes using it, thinking it should take me a couple hours to do my laundry.  I still remember the first time I saw the dryer.  It was my first or second day here and I didn’t have any clean shirts, so I washed one.  But then I realized it was almost time to leave, so I started whipping it and ringing it outside trying to get as much water as I could to just go ahead and wear.  So I walked back inside and started to put it on, and walked by the dryer.  And almost cried, and I put it in.  It dried it super-fast, and I came to the office dry!

You don’t get used to the heat and humidity really.  I just count the falling sweat drops as blessings and that makes me feel better. That´s crazy that Brook drives now!  Can’t really picture it too well. 

Everything is going so great right now! Loving every minute of the mission. You asked me what my favorite scripture is and I have a million!  I can´t pick just one.  But I´ll give you a couple I always think of when we get ready to go out and work.  They´re in Esdras 10:4 Levántate, porque ésta es tu responsabilidad, y nosotros estaremos contigo, anímate y hazlo and 3 Nefi 5:13.  And my phrase is "I fear no man".  Haha I always think of that when we go to contact to pump myself up.  Oy and another phrase I love that I read in a talk somewhere! The Lord taught that when we teach, we should use boldness but not be overbearing.  Overbearing is just boldness without love.  So as long as we always love the people, we can never be too bold! Or something like that. I love being direct when we teach or contact. People understand that way.

The couple we've been teaching are doing great!!!  THEY GOT MARRIED!!!! We had the most beautiful wedding last night you’ll ever see!!  Man it was amazing.  Guess who decorated the wedding room?  You might think we hired professional wedding planners, but you’d be wrong.  It was just me and my comp putting up all that girly stuff.  I´ll send you all the pics maybe Monday or Tuesday

Yupp love you guys too!

Elder Cook


“I fear no man.”  

Ezra 10:4 Arise; for this matter belongeth unto thee: we also will be with thee: be of good courage, and do it. 

3 Nephi  5:13   Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

They'll be sealed some day for sure!