.

.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Elder Cook Week Eight

Aloh Familia!

My birthday was great!  I forgot it was my birthday, but my companion didn´t and had candles and a missionary cake, a spanish twinkie from la poperia, in the morning!  A familia from the ward wanted to have us over for dinner and to smash eggs on my head, but one of our citas went way over so we went back to our casa. 

I don´t know what happened to the package!  Our area is huge!  It´s a couple miles from one end to the other covered with huge hills and steep stairs.  I think I´ve lost some weight even with all the food we´ve had.  

We get to go to the temple tomorrow!!!  I am so excited!  It´s going to be such a huge spiritual boost, and we get to put our investigadora names in the temple prayers!  It´s going to be amazing.  Yeah we have a ward building, but no air conditioning.  The only places that have ac are Presidente Fortuna´s home and the temple, and the only place with carpet is the temple.  

The language is coming very slowly.  Hondurans drop the S in most words and talk crazy fast, so it´s pretty tough to understand.  I know how to speak in lessons, but that´s pretty much it.  It feels a little lonely not being able to speak or be understood sometimes, but the Lord is always there to comfort me.   

It rained like I´ve never seen a couple days ago!  There was literally a waterfall running down our roof and in the street!  Plus we have a tin roof, so we could barely hear ourselves talk that night.  

We have two familias con fechas y un hombre Gustavo con un fecha for the 18th of this month!!!  WE are stoked! It´s amazing now that I´ve learned a little more about the Plan of Salvation how important it is for familias to be baptized and sealed.  Our mission goals are based on finding and baptizing familias, because they stay in the church longer with support from each other and are always stronger in the faith. Familias are so essential to God´s plan!  Make sure you are always giving missionaries referencias!  The work would not move forward without miembros.  

Siga cantando!
Elder Cook