.

.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Elder Cook Week Eleven


Hey Familia!

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!! When we were walking to an appointment on Tuesday it just hit me that you turned 16!!  How´s it feel?  Have you been on a date yet?  Do the guys you date know how big I am and how much I bench?  I bench 220 and I am 200 lbs, 6´4".  Dad should let them know before they go out.  

I got the packages!  They were awesome!!!  Thanks so much! This week was crazy!!  Elder Amado of the Seventy came and talked to us for like 8 hours.  

My chair just broke.  Things aren´t made for big gringos here.  I hit my head on doorways way too often.

Elder Amado talked a lot about how to be a better missionary, like helping investigators keep compromisos and such, and then talked a lot about marriage, and said to make una meta para when you need to get married by.  It was a little weird since I only have three months in the mission, but the more I´ve learned about the Plan of Salvation, the more excited I am to start my own eternal family.  

Hey funny story! So Wednesday we came back to the Morazon where we live, and a member came out of her house yelling elderes!  Do you know what happened?  We said no.  She said bombas (firefighters) came to our house because it was on fire!  I didn´t quite understand all the words she said so my companion freaked out first, then she explained it to me. She said they kicked down our back door to get in and cut our electricity!  We got to the house and expected smoke to come rolling out, but we the only thing we found was a pot on the stove with black mush. We had been boiling clothes to get the stink out and forgot about them, but that’s the only thing that was affected in the house. Then we looked at our phone and saw we had like 10 missed calls.  People from the ward were asking if we needed a place to stay because they heard our house burned down and we were without clothes!  The whole ward knew before we did.  And they literally just cut all the electricity wires!  It was pretty funny.  

Our baptism fell though again. It´s pretty tough, but our other investigator is super excited to be baptized so he might move his up to this Saturday, so we are stoked!

Love you guys!  Thanks for the letters.


Elder Cook