.

.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Elder Cook Week Forty-Nine


Hey Family!

We had an awesome week!  We have a fecha [baptism date]! He’s this 18 year old kid that we’ve been working with. The missionaries have been teaching him for a year.   He accompanies us to lessons and always wants us to come over to teach him. After church he said that today was only the beginning because he wants to learn everything about the church!  He has his fecha for the 1st of March. It’s the surest fecha I’ve had on my mission. We finished off this week with 21 lessons!!  I’ve been trying to break 20 my whole mission. That was exciting. Elder Hafen and I work super well together and  I’ve loved every second of this new area.

This Thursday we’re going to the temple with an amazing family we found my first day in this area. I’ll tell you more about them when I get home because it’s hard to explain but we were sure for the first week that they were actually members. We first contacted the door and a guy comes out yelling, “Heeey, Elders!” We looked at each other thinking that we had just found another member. We went in and he was super nice!  The members usually just call us hermanos, not Elders. We taught part of lesson one, but we just thought he was not attending church because my comp didn’t recognize him. He said he’d been to church a ton in the past, and said that he was a member. It was one big mystery to us. We figured he was just going to the Testigo’s church and mistook us for them, because my comp had never seen this family before and the man said said he had friends in the ward. But en fin [in the end], they are not members of the church, yet. They have a car to help them get to church and they’re married. We almost cried when we found that out. People aren’t usually married here, pretty much ever. So we planned an activity with them to visit the temple and President Fortuna is going to come and talk to them about becoming baptized members of the church!

Love you!


Elder Cook