.

.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Elder Cook Week Forty-Eight

Hey favorite family!

Elder Cook and Elder Flores
Heavenly Father knows me.  I was sent to the far away land of Torocagua, about a mile up from Bulevar.  In the changes meeting I watched the pueblo areas go by with names and pictures of Elders who weren´t me and I was pretty disappointed to see that I was still in the city.  But then I got here and I have a testimony that Heavenly Father knows us maybe even better than we know ourselves and always has the best in mind for us.  WE PLAY BASKETBALL EVERY DAY!!!!  My new comp loves sports too and we have the keys to the gym so we go down to play every morning for our exercise time!!!  And we also have running water almost all day, a lady that washes our clothes, and members feed us most of the week!!  I am so blessed.  I feel like it´s more of a vacation out here than a mission.  I´m still district leader and now there´s only one other companionship in my district, and they´re cool guys too.  

My companion’s is from Utah and a really good guy with an awesome testimony and we were great friends from the start. I´m so excited to be here!  We have a lot of investigators that are right on the edge to be baptized. Our ward is small, about 80 people, but the members love giving references.  A guy came to our door this morning and told us about a guy he wants us to teach!  That was sweet.  That´s really cool that you went out with the missionaries Mom!  I bet you were really good with the investigators.  I´d love to have a member to take out like you.  Dad can you play ball yet?  Man I can´t even touch the rim anymore.  When we played ball the first time when I got to Honduras, I could dunk!  It´s pretty sad. But I´ve been getting my touch back so you better get some game on.  

Keep reading your scriptures and praying!

Elder Cook


This is my son, my grandson, and my great grandson

Elder Cook, Elder Angulo, Elder Flores, and Elder Tupou
Transfers