.

.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Elder Cook Week Thirteen



 
We had a baptism Saturday!!!!  It was amazing!  He was so excited and so ready to become a member.  I have never seen a happier man than him in that hour.  I don´t think he ever stopped smiling, even when he was crying.  He gave a testimony after being baptized and said ¨to any of you that are thinking about being baptized, today is the day to decide¨ His testimony was so powerful!  A family of investigators asked to be baptized after the service because of him.  The man we baptized asked me to give a talk and sing at the service!  It was pretty scary.  The crowd had to help me out with a few words.  Our goal is to have 6 baptisms with 2 families this month, and so far we are off to a great start!  Next week we should have 2 more.

 
I contacted a guy on the street yesterday!  We were talking and he was looking super positive, and I gave him a foyetto and everything!  And then I realized he was super drunk.  Kind of a bummer.  Oh the packages!  Can I just tell you how great those were?  The day before we bought a few things from the store like beans and a couple packages of crackers and we said wow that shelf looks so good when it´s full of food, and then the next day we got the packages and then it really was full!  I have never been so grateful for peanut butter.  I have eaten most of the jar with a fork.  Love you guys!  The church is so true!

Love 

Elder Cook