.

.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Elder Cook Week Fifty-Six



 
 
Hey Familia,

Whew! We had a pretty sick week. It started off crazy on Monday! I’ll start with this story. So we were at the church emailing (every other week we write there instead of an internet place). And some guy came to the gate. Our Zone Leader went out to see what he wanted and then he came in and told me I needed to go talk to him. I went out and he asked if I was in the Torocagua area, and I said I was. He said he was a member and he pulled out his temple recommend like an FBI badge to prove he wasn’t lying. He told me about a family that he knew and that the mom was in urgent need of a blessing, like that second. So I ran in grabbed Elder Hafen and some oil, and we headed over with that guy to the family’s house. We went up to where the sick hermana was and found her pouring sweat and screaming from pain in her bed. She was breathing super hard and in between yells and couldn’t focus enough to talk. Her mom was there crying and told us to say the blessing I looked at Elder Hafen as I gave him the oil and we were both pretty worried. I could barely get off the oil cap my hands were shaking so bad. I couldn’t even hear myself say the blessing over the hermana’s screams. When I finished we all just stood around her, like waiting for her to jump out of bed healed or something. Her breathing did slow down a little but she was still in a lot of pain. So Elder Hafen and I sprinted out of her house and went to every member’s house within a mile trying to see if anyone had a car to take her to the hospital. We were pretty convinced that lady was going to die. We found out only about 4 families in the ward have a car and they were all working. After a good hour of running from house to house we finally decided to hunt down a taxi. We grabbed one, got a hermana to look after the lady’s kids and paid for the taxi going and coming. The lady’s sister went with her to the hospital. We went back and couple days later to see if they were home yet, and they invited us right in. They said they wanted to know more about the church. They told us that God sent us to her house and God wanted her to go to our church. We taught them the restoration and about baptism. They told us to come back to teach more. P., the sick hermana told us she used to hate the missionaries and kicked them out of her house. I guess God had other plans for her. It’s pretty amazing to see how Heavenly Father works in people’s lives and we were humbled to get to play such a vital role in not only that lady’s physical well-being, but now as we teach her about Christ’s gospel, and her spiritual well-being as well.

Love you! Conference was sweet huh?  Yeah we saw all of conference because we had investigators at every one!  It was awesome!  Packer´s was my favorite. We had 8 investigators and 2 families come! Each time it was like the speakers were talking to them. God knows exactly what they need.

Love

Elder Cook